What does a Chiropractor do?
Chiropractors care for patients with health problems of the neuromusculoskeletal system, which includes nerves, bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons. They use spinal adjustments, manipulation, and other techniques to manage patients’ health concerns, such as back and neck pain.
What you will learn?
In this course the CHIROPRACTIC APPRENTICE will:
• Discover what is meant by a “chiropractic philosophy” of care.
• Learn about Global trends in Chiropractic care
• Learn about basic spinal anatomy.
• Investigate the musculoskeletal and nervous system anatomy.
• Identify what is meant by the term “subluxation complex”.
• Broaden the understanding of the chiropractic profession as a whole.
• Learn the common vocabulary terms related to chiropractic.
• Learn about the duties of a chiropractic assistant.
• Learn about medical records and the skills related to great medical records note taking
• Identify some of the keys to working with worker’s compensation and motor vehicle collision cases.
• Discover what “informed consent” is and how to apply this to chiropractic care.
• Get an overview of how to use good office etiquette to keep the office a friendly work environment.
• Develop an understanding of what types of emergencies can present to a chiropractic office and what you can do to provide the correct care.
• Learn about blood borne pathogens and how to correctly clean up spills.
• Learn about working with patients from different cultures.
• Develop skills related to time management.
• Learn about the presenting signs and symptoms of common cardiovascular emergencies that you may or may not ever see in chiropractic practice.
• Learn about biohazard waste procedure.
• Identify methods of controlling bleeding or hemorrhage.
• Learn about common techniques of good listening skills.
• Learn why listening skills are so important to the CA.
• Interpretation some common body language signs.
• Learn what vital signs are and how to obtain them.
• Assist the CA in understanding what “professional boundaries” are and how these boundaries apply to their job duties and working environment.
• Learn about patient’s rights.
• Discuss many of the conditions that a Doctor of Chiropractic will encounter in daily practice.
• Learn about legal issues associated with physiotherapy.
• Learn about the different forms of physiotherapy and how to safely apply.
• Investigate the concepts of exercise and rehabilitation.
This apprenticeship will be undertaken under Kenya’s top Chiropractor based in a leading hospital in Nairobi. Space is limited to only 10 per year.